S&P 5007,785.76▼0.2% Nasdaq26,729.16▼0.3% Dow53,732.41▼0.2% Russell 2K3,068.42▲0.5% 10-Yr4.70%+6bp VIX14.25−0.38 WTI$82.40▲1.4% Gold$4,432.00▲1.6% EUR/USD1.157▲0.4% BTC$64,768▲0.4% Nikkei68,309▲1.2%
At close · Fri, Aug 14, 2026
Daily Market Updates.

Global Markets

HomeGlobal MarketsTrade & TariffsDominican sugar importer accused of continued labor ab…

Dominican sugar importer accused of continued labor abuses

A watchdog said the company kept violating labor standards after a Trump-era import ban was lifted last year.

A watchdog group has alleged that a Dominican sugar importer tied to President Trump continues to engage in abusive labor practices.

According to reporting from the New York Times, the company was still violating labor standards after a U.S. import ban was lifted last year.

The outlet said the allegations center on labor conditions rather than any new change in market access, but they arise in the context of renewed attention on imported sugar and enforcement after the ban removal.

Latest closeSugar $16.60 ▼1.3%

More like this

Sources

Get the close, explained.

One email every trading day: what moved, why it moved, and what's on deck tomorrow. Read in 3 minutes.

Free. Unsubscribe anytime.