S&P 5007,785.76▼0.2% Nasdaq26,729.16▼0.3% Dow53,732.41▼0.2% Russell 2K3,068.42▲0.5% 10-Yr4.70%+6bp VIX14.25−0.38 WTI$82.40▲1.4% Gold$4,432.00▲1.6% EUR/USD1.157▲0.4% BTC$69,245▲7.1% Nikkei68,309▲1.2%
At close · Fri, Aug 14, 2026
Daily Market Updates.

US Markets

HomeUS MarketsM&A & DealsFrasers boosts stake in Hugo Boss to nearly 48% after…

Frasers boosts stake in Hugo Boss to nearly 48% after rejected bid

Frasers is now just short of majority control and received acceptances for about 12.2 million Hugo Boss shares, or 17.6% of share capital.

Frasers Group has increased its position in Hugo Boss to almost 48%, strengthening its influence at the German fashion house after a hostile takeover offer was rejected, according to Yahoo Finance.

The UK retailer, controlled by Mike Ashley, previously held about 26.1% of Hugo Boss when it launched a voluntary cash offer of €38 per share in June for the shares it did not already own. That offer implied a valuation of roughly €2 billion for the remaining stake, or about €2.7 billion for the whole company.

Yahoo Finance reports that Frasers received valid acceptances for around 12.2 million Hugo Boss shares, representing about 17.6% of share capital and voting rights. Combined with its prior holding, the group now owns or has acceptances for about 47.9%, leaving it just below majority control but as Hugo Boss's largest shareholder.

Hugo Boss management and its supervisory board had urged shareholders to reject the offer, arguing €38 per share was financially inadequate. The supervisory board chair, Stephan Sturm, said the company welcomed Frasers' long term commitment and expected a constructive relationship, while Hugo Boss said investors should focus on its CLAIM 5 TOUCHDOWN strategy, launched in December 2025 and planned to run through 2028.

More like this

Sources

Get the close, explained.

One email every trading day: what moved, why it moved, and what's on deck tomorrow. Read in 3 minutes.

Free. Unsubscribe anytime.